Last updated October 18, 2022
In this policy, “personal information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual who engages with the Site or otherwise becomes a customer of products offered for sale on the Site.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies. A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer, mobile phone, or other device, and allows us or our business partners to recognize your device when you return to our Site and record information about your usage of our Site.
- Essential Operation: Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate the Site. For example, they are required to help you to use features like our shopping basket.
- Performance and Functionality: Cookies help us enhance the performance and functionality of the Site. For example, cookies help us identify you or your device when you come back to our Site.
- Social networking cookies: Cookies allow visitors to share our pages and content through third-party social networking websites or applications.
Tracking Images: We may use tracking images (such as GIFs), which are small image files that we embed into our e-mail newsletters or blasts, to learn whether you opened or forwarded the communication or clicked on any of the content. This information tells us about our e-mail communications’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information that you find interesting.
Local Storage: We may use local storage (such as HTML5 or Flash) for frequency capping purposes and to provide you with relevant advertising.
We may collect information about your location and your mobile device (such as operating system, device type and information and time stamp). We will also track information about how you use the Site, and combine that information to any other information that we have about you (which may include, without limitation, information about your website usage).
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you (unless otherwise restricted by law) to:
- Facilitate your purchases and provide the services you request,
- Confirm and track your order,
- Compare and review your information for errors, omissions and accuracy,
- Prevent and detect fraud or abuse,
- Provide and improve our services and product offerings, and develop new ones,
- Identify your product and service preferences,
- Understand our customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behavior,
- Respond to your comments, inquiries and requests,
- Improve marketing and promotional efforts, and overall visitor experience,
- Offer you personalized content, including, without limitation, by providing customized content and advertising, which may be on our Site, other websites, mobile devices or applications, or other channels (whether online or offline),
- Understand our visitor and customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behavior,
- Administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions,
- Contact you regarding products and services (of our affiliates, subsidiaries or business partners) that we believe may be of interest to you,
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies and procedures, and
- Other uses with your consent.
We may combine the information you provide to us over time and we may combine such information with information that which is publicly available, collected through cookies and other technologies, and information that we receive from our business partners, affiliates and other third parties.
INFORMATION THAT WE MAY SHARE WITH OTHERS
We may share your information, including, without limitation, personal information, as follows:
Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our affiliates.
Service Providers: We may use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, including, without limitation: shipping, payment processing, billing and collections, data storage/management, webhosting, fulfillment, assembly, marketing and data enhancement, mailing, and emailing as well as various customer, tech and operational support.
The Serena™ store is hosted on Shopify, Inc. (“Shopify”). They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify (or its third party payment processing vendors) store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. Please note that we do not ourselves directly process or store the debit/credit card data that you submit. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For additional insight, please refer to Shopify’s Privacy Statement at https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
Special Events: If you choose to participate in a special event (for example, a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes), we may share your information with those organizations participating in the applicable event.
Sharing with Other Companies (for their marketing or analytics purposes): We may share your information with other companies or organizations that are not affiliated with us. These companies and organizations may use the information we share to provide, or help other companies provide, offers to you, to market products, services or opportunities to you, and to perform data analytics regarding your use of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from advertising companies that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices and http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection: We may disclose your information: (1) when we believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, such as lawful requests by public authorities, including, without limitation, to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (2) in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potential illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or situations involving potential violations of our Terms and Conditions or other policies; (3) to other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk reduction; and (4) to enforce any agreement we have with you.
Business Transfer: Your information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership (or in due diligence leading up to any acquisition), in which case information would be transferred as one of our business assets.
Aggregated Information: We may, and we may authorize third parties to, create aggregated records from personal information by excluding information that makes the information identifiable. We may use and disclose, and authorize third parties to use and disclose, aggregated non-personal information at our discretion.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
We utilize a combination of physical and electronic security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. While we strive to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us.
Where permitted by applicable law, we want to communicate with you on our marketing initiatives, but only if you want to continue to hear from us.
To opt out of receiving email promotions that we send you: (1) by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (2) write to S Brand Group, 100 Wall Street, 20th Floor 402, New York, NY 10005 (each, a "postal request"). To opt out of telephone promotions, you can tell us when we call you or you can send us a postal request. To opt out of postal mail promotions, please send us a postal request. Opting out of communication with us does not affect our communications with you via telephone or email related to your orders with us or other transactional emails.
Where required by law, we obtain your prior opt-in consent at the time of data collection for the processing of (i) personal information for marketing purposes and (ii) personal information deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law.
YOUR EUROPEAN UNION PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the European Union, you have certain additional rights with respect to your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”), including, without limitation, the following:
- The right of access to your personal information.
- The right to rectify your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to have your personal information erased (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met.
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time (if our processing is based on consent).
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information (if processing is based on our legitimate interests) provided that we may retain your personal information for certain compelling purposes such as legal, auditing, accounting and billing purposes.
- The right to object at any time to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, including, without limitation, for profiling purposes to the extent that it is related to direct marketing. If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal information for such purposes.
- The right to receive your personal information from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit your personal information to another controller without hindrance from us (data portability).
If you are located in the European Union and you are or have been our customer, we may send you marketing communications based on our legitimate interests, subject always to your right to opt out of such communications. Further, if you are located in the European Union, we will not share your personal information with a third party for such third party’s marketing purposes, unless you have specifically consented to us doing so.
You may contact us at email@example.com to exercise any of the above rights. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity, and in some circumstances we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your personal information. Furthermore, if you believe that our processing of your personal information is inconsistent with your data protection rights under the GDPR and we have not adequately addressed your concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of your country.
For purposes of the GDPR, we are a “controller” and you are a “data subject.”
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident and would like a copy of our notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates that received your information in the past year, please submit a written request to the following address: S Brand Group, 100 Wall Street, 20th Floor 402, New York, NY 10005; Attn: California Privacy. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for us to process your request. You may submit such a request once per year.
HOW TO CONTACT US
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org